London Transport Museum
- Explore the rich link between transport and the growth of modern London
- Discover 450,000 items that cover over 200 years of Londonâs transport history
- Apart from historic vehicles, you also see present developments and futuristic models
- Step aboard earliest models of trams and trains, and have a go at the tube driving simulator
- See the sedan chair and the worldâs first underground steam-powered engine
- A must-visit for design lovers and transport enthusiasts!
For years, tourists have flown over to London to hop aboard one of its famous modes of transportation. With phrases like ‘Mind the Gap’ making rounds around the world, it’s no wonder London is known for its world-class transportation system. The London Transport Museum celebrates the many vehicles that populate its streets. Through art and design, interactive displays, and centuries-old vehicles, the museum attempts to explore the history of transport in the city over the past two centuries. Over here, you’ll find everything from ancient restored buses, trams, and tube carriages to the humble black cab and the numerous trains that ran across the rails of King’s Cross and Waterloo. High tech displays picturing the urban transportation of the future. See Harry Beck’s original artwork for his groundbreaking London Underground map and discover the story behind the world-famous roundel transport logo.
- Entry to London Transport Museum
- Access to galleries and temporary exhibitions
- Hotel transfers