Old Town & Underground Tour
- 60-minute walking tour of the Edinburgh Old Town and Underground, part of a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Explore the Edinburgh Vaults, remnants from the Industrial Revolution as you explore the Old Townâs âwyndsâ and learn more about their 400-year history.
- Hear tales of ghosts, murders, tortures and keep your eyes open for paranormal activity as your professional guide narrates stories and facts completely dressed as one of Edinburghâs infamous characters.
Why You Shouldn’t Miss This
Edinburgh, the capital of Scotland, is famous world over for its haunted history. The haunted Old Town which cropped up in the late 1600 AD is now a treat for families and friends alike. Walk through the hidden wynds(alleys) of the Old Town and learn about the mysteries and horrors of this spooky attraction.
Ghosts, torture, deaths, murders, horror and everything gruesome. A perfect way to begin your afternoon/evening. Your plunge into the dark world begins at the tour point as you’re greeted by your guide in a full costume representing one of the horrors of the past.
Walk through the Old Town of Edinburgh and go underground to the infamous ‘Edinburgh Vaults’ and discover the hidden pathways underneath the Royal Mile. Your guide will guide you through shadowy lanes and courtyards while telling you stories about the past and reveal the many crimes committed here.
Be sure to keep on your ‘ghost radar’ as you explore the dark subterranean chambers and look out for any strange voices or sounds; many visitors that have been here do report weird sensations and sightings.
- Old Town and Underground Tours ticket
- Services of a professional guide
Know Before You Go
Children must be at least 5 years of age to partake in the tour. Individuals under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Tour Start Point
The tour starts from Mercat Cross, High Street.
Please wear comfortable shoes on the walking tour as the streets are uneven and cobbled. Please carry a windcheater in case the weather gets particularly cold.
No use of alcohol or drugs is allowed. Individuals found under the influence will not be allowed on the tour. Flash photography is also not allowed on this tour.
This experience cannot be cancelled, amended or rescheduled.
How to Use Your Tickets
You will receive an email with your Old Town and Underground Tour voucher. No need to print. You can show the mobile voucher at the ticketing counter.
Your voucher is valid only for the date and time for which you’ve scheduled the experience.