Tower of London Tickets With Crown Jewels and Beefeater Tour
- Get the chance to marvel at the seat of British power by visiting the 1000-year-old Tower of London, a UNESCO World Heritage site!
- Admire the glorious Crown Jewels, a collection that includes British coronation regalia, over 23,578 precious gems, along with other rare diamonds such as the blue Stuart Sapphire, the Cullinan I, and the Koh-i- Noor.
- Get a chance to explore the Royal Armouriesâ collection in the White Tower, which was built by William the Conqueror.
- Go on a guided tour of the Tower of London with the Yeoman Warders, the ancient order of ceremonial Tower Guards who have stood witness to the Tower's incredible history.
Discover a thousand years of history with Tower of London tickets
The Tower of London is a castle with a history spanning nearly 1,000 years. Standing on River Thames’ north bank, William the Conqueror founded the Tower in the 1070s as part of the Norman Conquest of England. The Tower, in its entirety, is a network of buildings within a moat and two concentric rings of defensive walls and holds an area of 4.9 hectares. Purchase Tower of London tickets to visit this magnificent attraction and learn its fascinating past.
The Tower was a grand fortress initially used as a royal dwelling. It later became a prison from 1110 until as recently as 1952 and also served as a royal armoury. The castle derived its name from the infamous White Tower – a symbol of oppression inflicted by the new ruling elite. It is the oldest part of the fortress, completed in 1097.
The Tower of London’s grisly history began from the time it was used as a prison. It held prominent royals like Queen Elizabeth I and Anne Boleyn captive, as well as the notorious Guy Fawkes. Today, the Tower is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and hosts over 2.7 million visitors every year. More than just an attraction, the Tower of London tells a story of over nine hundred years of British history.
Marvel at the Crown Jewels
The Tower houses 23,578 jewels sourced from various parts of the world. The list also includes the world-famous Koh-i-Noor and the world’s largest Cullinan I diamond. They were used during coronations and special occasions, showcasing the British Empire’s wealth since the 1600s. There are over 140 items, including seven monarch crowns, valuable orbs, sceptres, robes, as well as sacred plates and swords. You can also see the Sovereign’s Orb, the Imperial State Crown, the Jewelled Sword of Offering and St Edward’s Crown.
Tour the tower with the Yeomen Warders
Tower of London tickets allow you to independently explore the castle grounds for as long as you want. The best way to see the Tower is by joining a guided tour by the Yeoman Warders. More popularly known as Beefeaters, they are the ceremonial guardians of the Tower of London. As well as hearing their fascinating tales, one of the benefits of the guided tour is entry to St Peter ad Vincula, the Tower’s church.
See the execution block and axe and learn about the Tower’s famous ravens roaming the grounds as you tour the attraction. Legend has it that ‘the Crown will fall and Britain with it’ if six of the ravens ever abandon the fortress. Jubilee, Gripp, Erin, Harris, Merlina and Rocky are the current resident ravens. If you are lucky, you might even see the Ravenmaster feeding them!
With Tower of London tickets, you can witness all these great sights and more. This massive architecture is a beautiful piece of art, adding to the glory of London to this day. Explore at your own pace and take in its rich history. Alternatively, you can opt for the London Pass, which also includes entry to the Tower of London.
- Tower of London Entry Ticket
- Entry into all public areas of the Tower of London, including the Crown Jewels exhibit, the White Tower, Bloody Tower, battlements and more
- Access to the Yeoman Warder Guided Tour and, children's activity trails and live historical re-enactments
- Free WiFi access
Know Before You Go
The tower becomes extremely busy during school holidays in the UK, and venue authorities are expecting particularly busy days in October. During such times, queues may form for different parts of the tower, particularly the Crown Jewels and ticketing areas. Please allow extra time during such days and try reaching early to avoid the long waits.
Timings and Availability
The Tower of London is open daily except between 24th-26th December and 1st January.
Summer (1st March – 31st October)
Tuesday-Saturday: 9 AM – 5:30 PM
Sunday-Monday: 10 AM – 5:30 PM
Last admission: 5 PM
Winter (1st November – 28th February)
Tuesday-Saturday: 9 AM – 4:30 PM
Sunday-Monday: 10 AM – 4:30 PM
Last admission: 4 PM
The last Yeoman Warder (Beefeater) tour starts at 2:30 PM in winter, and 3:30 PM in the summer. Please be aware that in poor weather conditions, an amended Yeoman Warder tour will be given in the Chapel of St Peter ad Vincula. If the Chapel is unavailable, tours may not take place.
Reduced Price Tickets
Child tickets (for children below 15 years of age) are available at a reduced price of 9.75 GBP. Students can also buy discounted tickets at 17.70 GBP. Children under the age of 5 enter for free. Children below the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Please select the right ticket type for each member of your group during checkout. Ensure that you are carrying a valid ID of the members in your group if you select any reduced price
tickets during checkout in order to be guaranteed entry.
- Metro: District or Circle line to Tower Hill
- Train: Any train to Fenchurch Street (5-min walk) or London Bridge (15-min walk)
- Bus: 15, 42, 78, 100 or RV1
- Wheelchairs are available free of charge on a first come first serve basis.
- There are lifts available at the White Tower near the Raven shop and the New Armouries Café.
- Please keep in mind that the Tower has difficult stairs and passageways where wheelchair access may be restricted.
- There is no baggage storage facility, so travel light.
- Guide dogs are allowed.
- Tripods, Selfie-sticks, and other photographic or recording equipment is not allowed.
- Smoking, eating and drinking within all buildings is not allowed.
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund. No cancellation will be allowed for partially used vouchers.
How to Use Your Tickets
You will receive your Tower of London with Crown Jewels & Beefeater Tour voucher via email shortly. You need to print the voucher out and exchange this voucher for your ticket at the venue’s ticketing booth. We know this isn’t the best, but we are trying to get this changed soon.
Your voucher is valid only for the date selected and is non-transferable.